Sign up for the ING newsletter to receive news and announcements.
May 10, 2021
As we near the end of Ramadan, I want to share with you how ING is planning to leverage our experience and expertise to advance a better understanding of Muslims and Islam, prevent hate crimes, and build peace in our communities working alongside our religious and ethnic allies in the year ahead.
We have five major goals that are essential in taking ING to the next level and expanding our work:
- The first priority is to increase access to our educational programs by certifying ING as an accredited educational organization through a premier international accrediting body. This would enable our content & programs to qualify for professional Continuing Education Credits.
- The second is to also increase access to our educational programs by creating online courses for our diversity trainings for professionals in the fields of education, healthcare, corporations and law enforcement. The titles of these presentations include:
- “Countering Islamophobia”
- “Understanding Muslim Students: Fostering an Inclusive Environment”
- “Developing Cultural Competency: Healthcare for the Muslim Patient”
- “Preventing & Responding to Anti-Muslim Bigotry” for Law Enforcement
- “Developing Cultural Competency: American Muslims in the Workplace”
- The third is broadening our capacity across the country by adding affiliate and other speakers to our existing speaker pool.
- The fourth is expanding our reach and impact by increasing marketing for all of our educational programs and making them available both online and in person.
- The fifth is increasing our efficiency by releasing a new state of the art website that is not only more user friendly, but also multilingual for accessibility by people outside of the U.S since our content is now being downloaded in Europe, Australia, Canada, Asia and Africa
Now that you have met me during this week’s online interview with our founder, as well as the core team at ING, and learned more details about our history and goals in the coming year, we are counting on you to join us in fulfilling these important goals.
- You may donate easily via credit card, PayPal, check, or stocks at www.ing.org/donate.
- To specifically donate to the ING endowment which increases your donation exponentially, please email Maha Elgenaidi at [email protected].
And lastly, we hope that all of you will continue to support ING by informing others about our work, sharing our resources with your teachers, friends, and co-workers, and keeping ING in your duas (supplications) during these last few sacred days and nights of Ramadan.
Thank you so much for your support.
Chief Executive Officer