Sign up for the ING newsletter to receive news and announcements.
May 2, 2021
Salam alaykum/Greetings of peace,
According to several studies,
- Knowing someone from a marginalized or stereotyped community reduces negative perceptions about that community.
- Even more effective in reducing stereotypes is gaining some knowledge about that community’s beliefs and culture.
- And when you reduce stereotypes about one group, it leads to better perceptions about other groups.
This is why we do what we do at ING and how we do it.
ING teaches about Muslims and their faith through live presentations by trained Muslim American speakers; delivers educational programs alongside diverse religious groups in the context of American pluralism; and counters Islamophobia by rooting it in other forms of bigotry through panels held jointly with African American, Latinx, Asian, Indigenous, Muslim and Jewish speakers.
Additionally, ING’s online curriculum is downloaded by nearly 2000 educators, students and community activists in all 50 states, as well as in Europe, Asia, and Africa.
Last year alone, ING reached at least two million people by adopting a hybrid system of delivering our face to face educational programs both online and in a person.
Join us to help expand our work even further.
Join us for ING’s Benefit
This Ramadan marks ING’s 29th anniversary!
To celebrate our many accomplishments and look at what lies ahead for ING, please join us for an Online Benefit Fundraiser on Tuesday, May 4 at 4:30-5:00pm PT/7:30-8:00pm ET.
Yes, count me in for May 4!
During this virtual event, we plan to share some exciting updates including:
- How our supporters have helped create a significant impact in our communities.
- What our ambitious plans are for ING 2.0.
- Who is the team —including several new members —that will help accomplish these big goals.
You will also hear, first hand, from some of the many people and organizations that ING has touched over the years.
Please RSVP now, for this virtual gathering! As a token of our appreciation, everyone who attends will receive a gift.
We look forward to seeing you on May 4th as a partner in peacemaking in America. Register here.
Chief Executive Officer